Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organization. IIFT is one of the premier B-schools in India. As per T.I.M.E. B-school categorization, IIFT-Delhi and IIFT-Kolkata fall in Top 10 category. Another campus is proposed to be set up in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) has entrusted the responsibility to the NTA from 2020 onwards for conducting MBA (International Business) entrance examination. Earlier this Examination was conducted by IIFT itself.
IIFT MBA(IB) entrance examination was conducted on Dec 1st 2019 by NTA.
Recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years' duration in any discipline with minimum 50% marks [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories].
There is no age limit for applying for this examination.
Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2020.
Recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years' duration with minimum 50% marks. Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2020.
In order to qualify as an international candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT entrance exam, a candidate should have been (expected to be) resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2019 and be outside India during the IIFT examination window. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy / High Commission /Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2019.
Foreign Nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India. The Foreign Nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the same.
Candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th February 2020. GMAT taken before 1st January 2018 is not valid.
If the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2019) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT, etc., he /she is not eligible to apply. Candidates are required to give the undertaking for the same
NRI-Sponsored candidates and Children of NRIs are not considered under this category.
Mode of Admission for Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates
The admission of candidates under this category is on the basis of GMAT score and personal interview.
The shortlisted candidate would be required to undergo a Personal Interview at IIFT campus. In case they are not able to be physically present, they would be interviewed through Skype
- On-line submission of Application Form - 09.09.2019to 25.10.2019
- Successful transaction of fee - 09.09.2019 to 26.10.2019
- Correction in particulars - 01.11.2019 to 7.11.2019
- Printing of Admit Cards from NTA’s website - 11.11.2019
- Date of Examination - 01.12.2019
- Timing of the Examination - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Objections to the answer key – 3.12.2020 to 5.12.2020
- Declaration of Result on NTA’s website - 15.01.2020
- General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)- Rs 2000/-
- SC/ST/PwD/Transgender Rs 1000/-
- For Foreign Nationals/NRIs US$ 150 / Rs.9,500/-
Candidates are advised to report at the Examination Center well in time i.e. before 2 hours of commencement of the examination
- Mode of examination – Computer Based test
- Medium of Question Paper - English.
- Duration – 120 min
- Total Marks - 300
- Type of Questions - Multiple choice objective type.
- Correct answer – 3 marks for the questions under QR,LR, and RC and 1 mark for each GA q
- Wrong answer – 1 mark for every wrong answer in the sections, QR,LR, and RC, 0.5 in GA section
- Section wise Questions break up
- English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension – 35 q
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs – 20 q
- Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation – 30 q
- Quantitative Analysis- 25 q