B-SCHOOL PLACEMENTS More articles on B-school placements
- Most top management schools in the country have an exemplary track record of getting 100% placement with very good salaries and job roles. These B-Schools have also been quite successful in getting a number of their students placed in organizations that offer international postings. In fact, of late, the dollar salaries for these international placements range between USD 60,000 and USD 200,000 per annum.
- The IIMs and other "Top-notch" institutes claim an average placement salary of about INR 12 to 20 lakh per annum! The highest salary on offer for domestic placements can be as high as INR 40 to 60 lakh per annum!! The lowest salary on offer at these management institutes is about INR 8 to 10 lakh.
- The average salary in the next level of management institutes is about INR 8 to 12 lakh per annum and ranges between a low of INR 4 to 6 lakh and a high of INR 12 to 14 lakh. An odd company or two could, of course, offer salaries outside the ranges specified above. And at the next level of management institutes the average salary on offer is around INR 5 to 8 lakh per annum.
SALARY LEVELS OF VARIOUS B-SCHOOLS
|B-School||T.I.M.E.'s B-school Grading Category,
|Program Evaluated||Avg Salary ( 2014-16 ) (Lakh p.a.)|
|FMS Delhi||T10||MBA-Full Time||20.5|
|JBIMS Mumbai||T10||MMS-Full Time||18.1|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||T10||PGDBM & PGDHRM||17|
|SJMSOM (IIT Bombay), Mumbai||T10||M.Mgmt||16.5|
FINAL PLACEMENTS 2014-16
This year’s placement season at the B-schools has started on the right note, with a host of B-schools reporting an uptick in the number of offers as well as average compensation package.
MDI Gurgaon has completed its final placements in 3.5 days, with a 28.4% jump in top salary to INR 32.1 lakh and a 12.4% increase in the average salary across three streams to Rs 18.53 lakh. The 333-strong batch of 2014-16 took a total of just 5.5 days to get placed.
Average compensation at IIFT has seen a tremendous increase of 24% over last year, at INR 18.01 lpa. The highest International compensation at IIFT saw a 36% increase over last year to USD 150,000 pa. The highest domestic package reported was INR 29 lpa, a significant rise of 21% over previous year’s highest. BFSI seems to be the preferred sector at IIFT this year, with 26% of the batch going for jobs in the sector.
SCMHRD had a robust season as well, as 20% of the MBA 2014-16 batch received Pre-Placement offers and Pre-Placement Interviews from prestigious business houses like Aditya Birla Group, Cisco, Deloitte Consulting, HUL. Their average CTC stood at INR 13.24 lpa at a time when 90% of the batch was placed. The students from the institute managed to land good placements across the functional areas.
At IMI-New Delhi, the average salary was INR 14.9 lpa, a staggering 52.4% jump over the last year average CTC. The highest domestic offer at the campus was made by Google - INR 29 lpa. The campus has reported a 33% increase this year in recruitment from companies in manufacturing sector.
At IMT Ghaziabad spokesperson stated “where we hardly got 21 offers crossing INR 15 lakh last year, we received 52 offers this year in that range. On day zero alone, we placed 241 students. We have got 19 offers crossing INR 20 lakh package”. Recruiters at IMT- Ghaziabad included KPMG, PwC, EY, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, Google, Microsoft, and HSBC. Among them, Deloitte made 30 offers.
Other B-schools such as XLRI will begin the process in February. Overall, placement officials from B-schools said sentiments were positive because the manufacturing sector was expected to make a big comeback in campuses even as e-commerce firms look to hire in bulk.
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS PLACEMENTS 2014-15
B-schools across the country are seeing a tremendous run in placements season this year. The year began with increased salaries seen during the final placements, including IIM Ahmedabad's 20+ lakh per annum average salary. On the back of this, the summer placements have started on an extremely positive note. The B-schools are now having a problem of abundance as many companies are having to go back empty handed. Why? The B-school students are all taken within a day or two of the beginning of the season! This has been the situation at many top B-schools – MDI, IIFT, XLRI, IIM Kozhikode to name a few.
Consulting firms and investment banks are leading the pack while the e-commerce companies are giving them a stiff competition. Across campuses, in the ecommerce and startup space, those making offers included Amazon, Snapdeal, Hector Beverages, OYO Rooms, Homeland, Ziffi and Shop-Clues. International recruiters included the WTO and OECD.
The average stipend offered has grown by about 30-50% at the B-schools. JP Morgan Chase hiked its stipend to INR 5 lakh for the two-month period at XLRI, a 40% increment over previous year. Morgan Stanley offered INR 4 lakh at FMS, while BCG and Reckitt Benckiser offered around 3 lakh per annum at these campuses.
Along with the encouraging uptrend in the stipends, the companies are also making more offers. BCG, Microsoft, RPG, American Express, JP Morgan Chase, Deutsche Bank, Accenture Strategy, Asian Paints, HUL are a few companies that offered more internships compared to previous year.
Another trend which started off last year and is set to continue this season is the increase in number of Pre-Placement Offers. The BCG group spokesperson believes it is a win-win situation for both the student and the company as they can gauge each other. Around 80% of their summer interns were offered pre-placement offers by the firm last year.
The list of B-schools whose placement details is made available on this page is restricted to those who are a part of the B-school Grading list of T.I.M.E.
The placement details of these B-schools have been collated from details provided on their respective official websites. T.I.M.E. does not in any manner endorse or take responsibility for the authenticity of the placement data provided by these B-schools.
This page will be updated as and when other B-schools that form a part of the B-school grading list of T.I.M.E. update their websites with the latest information on placements.
Summer and Final Placement Reports of a few B schools
B-School placement related links:
- Systems, consultancy top recruiters at XIM-Bhubaneswar
- IIM Lucknow completes final placements
- FMS student bags Rs1.02 crore pay package
- XLRI completes final placements with average salary of Rs.18.5 lakh
- IIM A completes cluster 3 of final placements
- IIM Trichy placements - top salary goes up by 22.1% and average salary by 14.9%
- JBIMS Final placements see top offers of Rs.26 lakh and average salary of Rs.18.13 lakh
- Marketing, finance see most offers at IIM-Lucknow
- IIM Lucknow completes final placements
- Consulting sector leads as IIM Kozhikode wraps up final placements in 7 days
- MDI places its students in 3.5 days.
- IMT Ghaziabad completes placements with average pay packet of Rs.10.8 lakhs
- SP Jain sees 25% jump in highest salary offer this year
- IIM Rohtak's final placements see 12.5% rise in average salary
- Hiring by manufacturing companies like Hinduja, Honda, Hyundai, TVS rises by up to 40%
- IIFT completes final placement with 23.8% jump in average compensation
- e-commerce firm Amazon hires 18 IIM-A students
- Placements at B-Schools like IIMs, others set to rock; e-commerce firms lead the pack with early pre-placement offers
- E-commerce firms like Amazon, Flipkart, Paytm and others embark on a hiring spree
- Vodafone ramps up campus hiring, adds six new campuses to its list
- Vodafone steps up campus hiring in India, hires 150 from B-schools
- 48 companies make 104 offers during IIM Udaipur final placements
- IIM-Trichy records 100% placement, average salary up
- IIM Calcutta has wraps summer placements with top stipend of Rs 4.5 lakh per month
- Consulting, FMCG firms dominate Indian Institute of Management Bangalore's summer placements
- Internship stipends at record high at Faculty of Management Studies
- IIM Indore's Summer Placements see 15 per cent increase in the average stipend
- JBIMS completes summer placements with top stipend of Rs 3.5 lakh, 11% increase in average stipend
- IIM Kozhikode completes summer placements with top stipend of Rs 2.5 lakh
- TISS Mumbai completes summer placements for HRM & LR batch
- Pune's Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development concludes summer placement