The following is the schedule of CAT 2018 examination
- The registration process will begin on Aug 8, 2018 and will continue till Sep 26, 2018.
- Candidates can take online tutirial which will be made available on CAT official website from Oct 17, 2018 onwards. This will help them in familiarising themselves with the test environment.
- Candidates will be able to download admit card from Oct 24, 2018 onwards.
- The test will be conducted on Nov 25, 2018 (Sunday ).
- The result for CAT 2018 will be released in second week of Jan 2019.
CAT 2018 will be conducted in test centres spread across 147 cities. Candidates will be given the option to select 4 test cities in order of preference. Cities and centres will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2018 registration.
CAT 2018 exam authorities will try their best to assign candidates to their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted an alternate city. However, candidates will not be able to select the test session, it will be assigned randomly.
The cities where exam is being conducted can be checked at https://iimcat.ac.in/per/g01/pub/756/ASM/WebPortal/1/index.html?756@@1@@1#!
The duration of the CAT 2018 examination will be 3 hours.
The test will contain the following sections:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III: Quantitative Ability
Candidates will be allotted exactly 1 hour for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section. Few of the questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. Test takers will be allowed use of a basic onscreen calculator for computation.
The scoring scheme for Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) is as follows:
- Each correct answer is awarded 3 marks.
- An incorrect answer fetches -1.
- No marks are given or deducted for unattempted questions.
For questions other than MCQs, 3 marks are assigned for ‘correct answer’ and no marks for ‘incorrect answer or no attempt.
Tutorial to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from 17 th October 2018.
|Assam||Jawaharlal Nehru School of Management Studies Department of Business Administration Assam University|
|Bihar||Chandragupt Institute of Management Patna (CIMP)|
|Development Management Institute|
|Chandigarh||University Business School, Chandigarh|
|Delhi||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Asia-Pacific Institute of Management|
|Faculty of Management Studies ( FMS Delhi)|
|Fore School of Management|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management|
|Fortune Institute of International Business|
|International Management Institute|
|New Delhi Institute of Management|
|Goa||Goa Institute of Management|
|Gujarat||Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management|
|Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India|
|School of Petroleum Management, PDPU|
|Institute of Management, Nirma University|
|Gujarat National Law University|
|Haryana||National Institute of Financial Management|
|Management Development Institute (MDI)|
|BML Munjal University|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University|
|Karnataka||M S RAMAIAH INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT|
|Alliance University (Alliance School of Business)|
|ABBS School of Management|
|Indus Business Academy|
|ISBR Business School|
|International School of Management Excellence|
|GIBS Business School|
|International Institute of Business Studies (IIBS)|
|Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute For Mangement Development|
|St Joseph's Institute of Management|
|National Institute of Technology Surathkal (Karnataka)|
|Kerala||Saintgits Institute of Management (Dept of MBA, Saintgits College of Engineering)|
|Rajagiri Business School|
|Madhya Pradesh||Jaipuria Institute of Management (Indore)|
|Indian Institute of Forest Management|
|Maharashtra||N L DALMIA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES & RESEARCH|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research|
|Institute For Technology And Management|
|S P Jain Institute of Management & Research|
|National Institute of Bank Management|
|Balaji Institute of Telecom & Management (BITM)|
|Balaji Institute of International Business (BIIB)|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering|
|Balaji Institute of Management and Human Resource Development (BIMHRD)|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management (BIMM)|
|National Insurance Academy|
|Odisha||Xavier University Bhubaneswar|
|KIIT School of Management KIIT University|
|Birla Global University|
|Punjab||LM Thapar School of Management|
|University Business School - Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Jaipuria Institute of Management (Jaipur)|
|Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani|
|Tamilnadu||Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM)|
|National Institute of Technology- Trichy|
|Institute Of Insurance and Risk Management (IIRM)|
|University of Hyderabad (School of Management Studies)|
|Hyderabad Business School|
|Uttar Pradesh||IMT Ghaziabad|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management (Lucknow)|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management (Noida)|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology-Allahabad|
|Institute of Management Studies (BHU),Banaras Hindu University|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Jais, Amethi|
|Shiv Nadar University|
|Asian Education Group (Asian Business School)|
|Uttarakhand||Doon Business School|
|West Bengal||Praxis Business School|
|Techno India University|
|Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management (IISWBM)|
|International Management Institute (Alipore)|
|Army Institute of Management|
|Management Development Institute, Murshidabad|
|Institute of Engineering and Management|
|Eastern Institute of Integrated Learning in Management (EIILM)|
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person With Disability (PwD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of the Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal / Registrar of their University/institution stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
The fee is ₹950 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates and ₹1900 for all other categories of candidates.
Please note that a candidate needs to pay registration fee only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for SC, ST and PwD candidates must upload a copy of their SC/ST/PwD certificates at the time of registration.
Candidates will be required to pay the CAT exam fee during online registration through payment gateway. They can use a valid Credit Card, Debit Card, or NetBanking facility.
List of IIMs
The following is the list of IIMs
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Indore
- IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Shillong ( RGIIM Shillong )
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Raipur
- IIM Uduaipur
- IIM Trichy
- IIM Kashipur
- IIM Amritsar
- IIM Visakhapatnam
- IIM Nagpur
- IIM Sirmaur
- IIM Sambalpur
- IIM Bodhgaya
- IIM Jammu