- Intake: 60
- Programme fee: 16.2 lakhs
- Date of advertisement: November 23, 2015
- Last date of submission of online application: January 10, 2016
- Sending call letter for Written test (email): January 15, 2016
- Written Test: February 14, 2016
- Announcement of short-listed candidates for personal interview: March 7, 2016
- Personal interview for short-listed candidates: March 27-28, 2016
- Announcement of final offer: On or before April 15, 2016
First step is the written test. Shortlisted candidates would then be called for personal interview. The final offer would be made on the basis of performance in the written test, personal interview, work experience, and academic back ground.
- 50 objective, multiple choice questions - 150 marks.
- Each question will have only one correct answer.
- More than one answer bubbled against a question will be treated as an incorrect response.
- Each correct answer to a question will result in three (3) marks,
- Negative marking of 1 mark.
- Verbal Ability – 15 q
- Logical reasoning - 5 q
- Data Interpretation and Data Visualization – 5 q
- Quantitative Aptitude – 25 q
- Calculator is allowed whereas charts, graph sheets or tables are NOT allowed in the examination hall.
A candidate must hold a graduate/post graduate degree (BS/B.Tech/BE/Integrated Masters/Masters) with 60% marks For SC/ ST and Differently Abled (DA) category candidates, it is 55%. Candidates, who are in the final year, are also eligible to apply provided they appear in the final examination and complete other academic requirements as specified above by May 31, 2016.
Syllabus for Written Test
Section A:Verbal Ability (Reading & Comprehension; Grammar/correction of sentences) and Logical Reasoning
Section B:(i) Data Interpretation: Data driven questions (pie charts, graphs, trends) (ii) Quantitative Aptitude: Sets, combinatorics, Algebra (solutions of quadratic equations, inequalities, simultaneous linear equations, binomial theorem, series, AP, GP, HP, matrices) Euclidean geometry, Coordinate geometry (lines, circles, conic sections) Trigonometry (triangles, trigonometric identities, heights and distances) Calculus (functions, limits, continuity, derivative, maxima & minima, methods of integration, evaluation of areas using integration).
Application fee of Rs.2000/- (Rs.1000/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST/DA categories) has to be paid through the Payment Gateway at IIT Kharagpur’s Online Portal (SBIMOPS) at the time of final submission of application.
Cities for Written Test and Personal Interview:
Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai