IIM Ahmedabad has released its placement report for their 2014-16 PGP batch. They have successfully surpassed the high benchmark set by themselves in the past. They have achieved the distinction of being the first Indian B-school ( offering 2 year MBA program ) to achieve an average salary of more than 22 lacs p.a.!
- The maximum salary offered ( domestic ) was a whopping 48 lacs p.a.!
- Even the minimum salary offered was a very respectable 11.5 lacs p.a.
|Lowest salary offered||Average salary offered||Maximum salary offered|
|11.5 lacs p.a.||22.14 lacs p.a.||48 lacs p.a.|
The following table gives a snapshot of the number of students recruited into different sectors
|Sector||Number of offers|
|Media and Communications||12|
|Engineering and Technology||6|
|Environment and Energy||4|
*Banking, financial services and Insurance
The following table gives a snapshot of the number of students hired for jobs in various Indian cities
|Indian cities||Number of offers accepted|
|Rest of India||50|
|Daa not available||60|
The following are some of the salient points mentioned in their report
- All 397 students who opted for final placements were placed in three clusters. The final cluster was completed on 19 February 2016.
- More than 110 firms made offers to the students.
- The highest international job salary secured by students was $ 1,53,568, where as the average international salary offered was $ 73,580.
- Firms which made the most offers on campus included Accenture Strategy, Amazon, Bain & Co., Flipkart, McKinsey & Co. and The Boston Consulting Group.
- Point to note: IIM Ahmedabad introduced the concept of "Placement Holiday " last year . ( Placement holiday is a provision given to students to opt out of the placement process, if they desire to start their own entrepreneurship venture. If the venture fails, they have the option to join the placement process in one of the next two placement years).This year, 8 students took a placement holiday.