Can you tell me something about MICA?
What is flagship program of MICA? What are the other programs it offers?
- Post Graduate Diploma in Crafting Creative Communication- 1 year program designed for those with a flair for writing and the ability to visualize, who wish to take up roles such as Copywriters, Art Directors, Designers, TV Commercials makers etc.
- Fellow Program in Management (Communications)- It is a doctoral level interdisciplinary Programme. Through this Programme, MICA aims to encourage both fundamental and applied research in the communication and marketing domain.
What is the intake of PGDM (Communications )?
What is the eligibility criteria?
What is the fee structure of PGDM (Communications )?
Ideally speaking, who should join this program?
Can you give me the placement details?
- 100% Placements achieved
- The highest International CTC offered was INR 56 lakhs per annum, where as the highest domestic CTC offered was 40.8 lakhs p.a.
- The average salary offered was INR 12.65 lakhs per annum
Which entrance exam scores are accepted by MICA? Apart from these ( any one of them ) exams, do we need to take any other entrance exam?
When will the MICAT exam be conducted ? How much is the application fee?
- MICAT 1- Dec 17, 2017
- MICAT 2- Feb 17, 2018
Can you share the timelines for admission process into PGDM (C) 2018-20 batch?
What is pattern of the MICAT exam ?
What is psychometric test?
How are applicants shortlisted for the second stage (GE and PI rounds) of selection process?
- Psychometric test is a qualifier.
- Those who qualify on the Psychometric, their CAT/XAT/GMAT relative performance will be considered.
- Those who qualify based on the CAT/XAT cut-off or GMAT shall be assessed for MICAT sections on Verbal ability, Quantitative ability, General awareness and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning.
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score in each of the sections namely: VA, QA,GA and DCR shall be evaluated on Descriptive Test.
- Those who qualify on the basis of above mentioned criteria and on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score in DT shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI.
- Shortlist for GE and PI will be prepared based on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT.
How are applicants shortlisted during the final selection stage?
- Majority recommendation by all the panel members of PI.
- At least 3.5 or more on a 5-point scale in GE
- At least 4 or more on a 5-point scale in PI
- CAT/XAT/GMAT -20%
- MICAT -30%
What are contact details of MICA's admission helpline?
Can you share with me some preparation tips for MICAT?
- Also, in the various issues of MBA Education & Careers magazine, focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle (this feature captures important tid-bits).
- In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, Improve your GK.
- Go through the GA Note (Study Material) booklet for stock GK (like history and geography). Also use the GAT papers, each with 50 questions.
- Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions
- Who is who
- What is what
- Science scan
- Human body
- Landmarks of history
- The Universe
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad), is a residential institute dedicated to creating Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA is an autonomous, non-profit institution.
PGDM (Communications) is regarded as their flagship program. Its a 2 year residential program, which offers specializations in Marketing Research, Digital Communication Management, Brand Management, Media Management and Advertising Management.
The other programs offered by it are
Admission to the PGDM (C) programme requires a Bachelor's degree (in keeping with the 10 + 2 + 3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
The programme cost for the PGDM-C for two years, including tuition fee, residential charges (Boarding and Lodging) etc is Rs. 16, 50, 000 (approx.)*
* This is last year fee, it may be revised this year.
Candidates interested in making a career in advertisement industry, brand management, media, PR agencies, Journalism etc should pursue this program.
The following are final placement details for PGDM (C) 2015-17 batch
Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT 2017, XAT 2018 and GMAT.
Apart from taking one these exams, all applicants need to take MICAT.
MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT) and will be conducted twice for selection of PGDM-C 2018-2020 batch. Better of the two MICAT Scores will be considered ( for applicants who have taken MICAT twice ).
MICAT Application Fee is Rs. 1965.
|MICAT – I Registration opens||September 26. 2017|
|MICAT – I Registration closes||November 20, 2017 at 11:59 pm|
|Issue of MICAT- I Call Letters/Admit Card||December 11, 2017|
|MICAT – I||December 17,2017|
|MICAT -I Score (Declare on the website )||January 3, 2018|
|MICAT – II Registration opens||January 3, 2018|
|MICAT – II Registration closes||February 5, 2018 at 11:59 pm|
|Issue of MICAT- II Call Letters/Admit Card||February 09, 2018|
|MICAT – II||February 17, 2018|
|MICAT – II Score(Declare on the website)||February 26, 2018|
|GE & PI Shortlist||March 1, 2018|
|Final Results||March 31, 2018|
MICAT consists of 6 sections: Psychometric Test (P), Verbal ability (VA), Quantitative ability (QA), General awareness (GA) , Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR) and Descriptive Test (DT).
Psychometric tests are a standard and scientific method used to measure individuals' mental capabilities and behavioural style. Psychometric tests are designed to measure candidates' suitability for a role based on the required personality characteristics and aptitude (or cognitive abilities).
Applicants are shortlisted based on the following process
All those candidates who appear in Group Exercise (GE) & Personal Interview (PI), and fulfill the following conditions will be considered for the merit list:
For all those who meet the criteria described above: a final composite score (FCS) shall be created based on the following weightage:
Note-If a candidate has appeared in CAT and XAT or CAT and GMAT or XAT and GMAT or all three-CAT, XAT and GMAT, the better of the two/ best of the three exams performance will be considered.
As far as mathematics and DI is concerned, a good preparation for CAT should be more than sufficient.
With respect to preparation for Logical Reasoning of MICAT, it would be advisable for students to revise concepts pertaining to Critical Reasoning, Visual Reasoning, and Data sufficiency. The CAT students have received the reasoning study material -SM 1001807 (this SM is with solutions). SM 1001807 has practice exercise for visual reasoning. There was a discussion on these kinds of questions in Logic Basics - 7 and 8 (LRHO 1001807/08).
Apart from this students also need to prepare for essay writing. The approach to tackle essay topics will be discussed in class with Writing Practice Exercise Tests - WPE1021801 and WPE1021802.
It is advised that students keep essay writing in mind when they do their reading comprehension exercises,focusing on expression of central idea, the idea flow, and the tools employed for effectively putting across ideas. A thorough awareness of social and political changes of the times will be an add on to present your case.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
While preparing for this section, it would be advisable for students to focus more on issues related to business, economics and politics related to business environment.
Finally, OMET for MICAT and Sample MICAT paper ( available on MICA's website, link provided above ) are perhaps the best source for preparation. They come very close to the actual MICAT entrance exam paper and one should give maximum importance to these question papers.