In a report titled "PLACEMENT SEASON 2014 - Fully Loaded, Big Guns Back at B-schools", ET goes on to explain that campus hiring for recruiting firms at leading B-schools has gone up by 36.5%.
The salient points of the report are:
- Hiring for firms at leading B-Schools up by 36.5% from last year.
- Top-ten recruiters hired a total of 774 MBAs from 21 top B-schools against 567 last year.
- 2 companies crossed the 100 mark -- Cognizant and ICICI Bank hired more than 100 MBAs each.
- Cognizant topped the list for the second year in a row.
- Cognizant, ICICI Bank, Deloitte and Accenture have been consistently in the top 10 recruiters for the last four years.
- Amazon & Flipkart break into the top 10 recruiters list this year, selecting 41 MBAs each.
- Reliance is one of the top 10 recruiters overall, for the 21 campuses – a first for the company.
- HCL gets back into the top 10 list after a year's hiatus.
- Capgemini drops off the top 10 list this year.
- Salary packages of Amazon were in the 15-29 lakh range.
- Salary packages of Flipkart were in the 13-21 lakh range.
- Amazon hired more than Flipkart at the top three IIMs --Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Calcutta.
- Consultancy firms selected big numbers at IIMs Ahmedabad, Balgalore & Calcutta.
- Accenture selected 43 people and BCG took 40 while Mckinsey selected 26.
- BCG narrowly missed a place in the top 10.
The report also quotes Mr. Partha Sarathy, external relations secretary, IIM-Calcutta, saying that "This year's placements were remarkably good given the prevailing economic conditions. There was more participation from international firms, and companies across the board stepped up hiring."