TANCET is an entrance test conducted by the Anna University on behalf of the government of Tamil Nadu for admission into MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.E, M.Plan and M.Arch courses in Tamil Nadu.
Exam dates for:
- MBA and MCA programs: 11th June, 2016
- M.Plan / M.Arch / M.Tech / M.E programs: 12th June, 2016
- M.C.A Examination - 10.00 a.m to 12 noon
- M.B.A Examination - 2.30 p.m to 4.30 p.m.
Pattern of the exam -
|Course||No. of Questions||No. of Alternatives||Marks for every correct answer||Negative marks for every wrong answer|
- Commencement of Registration of Application through online only – 02.05.2016
- Note : This time the registration to appear for TANCET is only through ONLINE mode.
- Last date for Registration of Application - 17.05.2016
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to M.B.A. and M.C.A:
M.B.A - A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination
- (a) 10+2+3 years pattern (or)
- (b) 10+3 years Diploma + 3 years pattern (or)
- (c) B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm. (or)
- (d) (i) 10+2+AMIE* (or)
- (ii) 10+3 years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE*
M.C.A - A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination
- (a) 10+2+3/4 years Pattern (or)
- (b) 10+3 years diploma + 3 years Pattern (or)
- (c) (i) 10+2+AMIE* (or)
- (ii) 10+3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Education) + AMIE*
M.C.A. (Lateral Entry) - A pass in a recognised bachelor’s degree of minimum three years in Computer Applications (CA), Information Technology / Computer Science (B.Sc) with mathematics as a subject at the 10+2 level or graduation level and at least 50% (45% in case of candidates belonging to the reserved category)
- 1) Candidates appearing for the final semester / year of examination of the above mentioned degree courses, except AMIE, during April / May 2016 can also apply for TANCET 2016.
- 2) Candidates of other states can also apply for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be stipulated by the admitting authority / university.
How to Apply :
Candidates can register for the entrance test in only ONLINE mode as described below.
Candidates can register through online only by filling-up the application and uploading the same along with a good quality recently taken photograph.
The step by step procdure for ONLINE application is given at the following link https://www.annauniv.edu/tancet2016/guideline.pdf
Entance Test Fee :
The Candidates have to pay Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC /SCA /ST candidates) towards the entrance test fee for any one of the programmes either 1. M.B.A. (or) 2. M.C.A. (or) 3.M.E/M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. degree programmes.
A candidate applying for more than one programme has to pay 500/- ( 250/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu) for each additional programme. A single demand draft is sufficient for one or more programmes.
Hall Ticket -
All the candidates shall download the hall tickets from the Anna University website.
Note : For any enquiry pertaining to Hall ticket, contact Centre of Examinations, Anna University, Chennai on 9th and 10th June, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mark Sheet -
Mark sheets are allowed to be downloaded from the website by the candidates within 10 days from the date of publication of results of the entrance test. These mark sheets are be produced at the time of admission.
Syllabi for the exam -
- Part 1 : Analysis of Business Situations – where one has to examine the data related to business decisions critically, from given typical business situations.
- Part 2 : Reading Comprehension - answering questions based on passages in the comprehension
- Part 3 : Quantitative Aptitude - solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level
- Part 4 : Data Sufficiency - answering certain questions using the given data and one's knowledge of mathematics as wellas use of day-to-day facts.
- Part 5 : English Grammar - testing knowledge of written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
The question paper consists of questions on
- i) Quantitative ability
- ii) Analytical reasoning
- iii) Logical reasoning
- iv) Computer awareness
Apart from these, there may also be questions from verbal activity, basic science, etc.
For further details, you can click on the following link : http://www.annauniv.edu/tancet2016/