XAT 2017 Test Pattern Released
XLRI has released the test pattern of XAT 2017 question paper. The following are the salient points
- The test consists of two parts: Part I and Part II. Part I has three sections A, B and C with 24, 21 and 27 questions respectively, i.e. a total of 72 questions ( down from 78 questions last year ). The three sections of Part I are followed by Part II with 25 GK questions and an essay.
Note- They did not mention as to which sections do each of A,B,C represent.
- The time for completing the three sections and general knowledge is 210 minutes. Test takers are expected to answer the first three sections in 170 minutes and General Knowledge QUESTIONS in 35 minutes.General Knowledge marks would be used only for the final selection and not for shortlisting candidates for interview/GD.
- All questions carry equal marks. one fourth of marks allocated may be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Leaving a question unattempted may result in a deduction OF 0.05 MARK. However, this deduction will not apply for a MAXIMUM OF 12 UNATTEMPTED QUESTIONS. The negative marks for unattempted questions shall be deducted proportionately across the three sections.
- Each question has five alternatives.
- Only BLUE OR BLACK BALL-POINT PEN must be used for marking answers on the OMR answer sheet. Gel pens or ink pens should not be used.