IIM Ahmedabad completes final placements of their PGP batch
IIM Ahmedabad has successfully completed its final placement process for their 2015-17 PGP batch. More than 100 firms participated in the placement process with 40 new firms coming to the campus this year.
Last year IIM Ahmedabad had acheived the distinction of becoming the first B-school to achieve an average domestic salary of more then 22 lakhs p.a. Considering this year's final placement process we can surely expect them to create a new record. This year's salary details ( including the average salary ) will be made available, when IIM Ahmedabad releases its IPRS* placement report in the month of September/October.
* The Indian Placement Reporting Standards (IPRS) is an effort towards standardizing B-school placement reports. This initiative taken by IIM Ahmedabad and contributions made by the various stakeholders like media, recruiters and other B-schools have resulted in designing a comprehensive Placement Reporting Standard. The standards designed not only assure the privacy of the individual level data or information but also specify the format for reporting aggregate statistics which would satisfy the information needs of the different stakeholders.
Prominent recruiters across various domains
- Add your content...Amazon with 18 offers to students emerged as the highest recruiter. As always, consultancy firms also gave a lot of offers to the students of this permier B-school. McKinsey & Co making the highest number of offers in the consulting domain, with 15 offers.
- Among global banks, Goldman Sachs was the largest recruiter, picking up nine students. In the sales and marketing domain, HUL extended seven offers followed by Procter & Gamble, SC Johnson and Samsung, with six offers each.
- TAS (Tata Administrative Service) was the largest recruiter in the general management area. It gave 10 offers.
- Leading recruiters in the investment banking and markets domain include Citibank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Kotak IB and Standard Chartered.
- Among the Banking, Financial Services & Insurance recruiters, American Express, FinIQ, Fullerton and RBL were some of companies who extended offers to the students.
- Sales and marketing roles were offered by regular recruiters like Airtel, Asian Paints, HUL, ITC, Nestle, P&G and Reckitt Benckiser, among others.
- Aditya Birla Group, Tata Administrative Services, C.K. Birla and Mahindra & Mahindra were the leading recruiters in the general management domain.
How was the Placement Process conducted?
The placement process was conducted in two stages. The first was the Laterals placement process where students with prior work experience participated and were offered mid-level managerial positions. More than 30 companies from diverse sectors such as technology, consulting, pharmaceuticals and analytics participated in the lateral placement process.
In the second stage of the final placement process, firms were grouped into cohorts based on the profile offered, and groups of cohorts were invited to campus across different clusters.
As in previous years, students were provided the flexibility of making “dream” applications to firms of their choice in a subsequent cluster even with an offer in hand.
Couple of years back IIM Ahmedabad had introduced the concept of placement holiday, where in the students who want to start their entrepreneurship venture can opt out of placement process, in case they fail they can opt for placements in one of the next two placement years.
This year, seven students opted out of the placement process to work on their own ventures, under the guidance and mentorship of CIIE.