IIM Bangalore has successfully completed its final placement process for their 2015-17 PGP batch. A total of 411 students and over 160 companies participated in the process.
Students have been hired across various domains such as consulting, investment banking, markets, corporate banking, sales and markets, business leadership, product management, operations, category management and general management.
Last year IIM Bangalore had secured a whopping 21+ lakh domestic salary, considering this year's placement process, they surely have lived upto the expectations of the aspirants.
Prominent recruiters across various domains
- During lateral placements 139 offers were made to students. These offers were made by companies from various domains such as consulting, business leadership, product management, operations, category management and general management.
- A lot of leading global banks participated on the first-day of the Final Placements. Goldman Sachs, Citi Bank, HSBC, Morgan Stanley and Standard Chartered were the key participants. Among banks and financial firms, American Express made eight offers followed by YES Bank, ICICI Bank, Visa etc.
- Huge jump in consulting offers-Over 30% of batch received offers in consulting sector. The Boston Consulting Group led with 20 offers (including PPOs) followed by Accenture Strategy, McKinsey & Co, Bain & Company, Deloitte and AT Kearney.
- In the eCommerce space Amazon was the leading recruiter with 12 offers. Other eCommerce recruiters include Ola Cabs, Paytm, Myntra, Cloudtail, Swiggy and Uber.
- Among conglomerates Aditya Birla Group led with 10 offers. Wipro Global, Bharti Airtel, Jindal, CK Birla Group, Mahindra Group, Tata Administrative Services, Reliance Industries and RPG also recruited from the institute.
- In sales and marketing, Anheuser-Busch Inbev led with eight offers. Other recruiters were Procter & Gamble, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Johnson & Johnson, Marico, Asian Paints, Himalaya and Mondelez International. M.H. Alshaya, a retail chain from Middle East, also recruited four students.
- In addition to the continued interest shown by traditional recruiters, Institute also saw over 25% first-time recruiters who hired in good numbers. 15 students were offered overseas placements while some more are expected to join in India for subsequent international postings.