TISS conducts its own online entrance exam called TISS-NET for the admission to its Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad campuses and other locations.
TISSNET 2023 will be conducted between Jan 28, 2023 to February 28, 2023.
Candidates having a bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply
- At the time of applying candidates studying in 3 year degree programme should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and candidates studying in 4 year degree programmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
- Only those candidates who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year bachelor's degree examinations by June 15, 2023 are eligible to apply to all the programmes.
Till the time the candidate submits results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional. The results of the final examination have to be submitted before September 30, 2022. Those who fail to do so the provisional admission stands cancelled.
Programme specific eligibility criteria can be checked here.
Admission to masters programmes at TISS comprises two stages, 1. TISS National Entrance Test (TISS-NET) 2. TISS Online Assessments (OA).
Stage 1: TISS-NET (TISS National Entrance Test)
TISS-NET is a computer based common screening test for all Masters Programmes across all the campuses. It is a 100mins test and consists of 100 objective type multiple choice questions (MCQ). TISS-NET is conducted to shortlist candidates for Stage 2 based on the TISS NET Mark and the ratio on the number of seats announced for individual programmes under each category. Hence it is a shortlisting process no reservation rules are applied at this stage. All rules related to reservations of seats under different categories and priorities will be applied only at the time of final seat allocation through merit list / wait list.
Shortlisting for Stage 2 will be done on the basis of the candidates’ aggregate TISS NET Score. The same ratio will be applied to the number of seats under each Category thereby having candidates from every category getting shortlisted for stage 2 in proportionate numbers.
Stage 2 of the selection process details have not been released so far.
General Instructions about applying:
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programmes across any two of the TISS Campuses. They are advised to make their choice of programmes carefully after reading the programme descriptions. Change of programmes will not be allowed once the admission is completed.
- Candidates are requested to carefully read through the eligibility criteria mentioned here before filling up the form.
- Unemployed candidates, whose parent’s / guardian’s annual income from all the sources for the Financial Year 2021-22 is less than Rs.2.5 Lakhs for SC/ST and Rs.1 lakh for OBC(NC) are required to pay Rs.250/- as Concessional Application Fee for each programme. However, they should upload the necessary certificates.
- Candidates have to upload/attach relevant certificates strictly in the format mentioned here. Please refer to Table 1 for ‘Certificates / Documents to be uploaded. The Institute also takes steps to have the Caste/Tribe/Non-creamy layer/ Income certificates verified by the competent authorities before PIT/OPI and post-admission and those found to have submitted manipulated certificates at any stage of their study will be asked to leave the programme.
- The application fee for each study programme is Rs.1000+bank charges (if being paid by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or Rs.1000 + bank charges (if being paid through the bank by cash). Candidates are required to pay this amount for every programme she/he applies for.
- For more details refer to the section 'Application fee payment' below. For SC/ST/OBC(NC) candidates, the application fee is Rs. 250/- per programme + bank charges. (please see Table 2 below). For SC/ST candidates, the application fee is Rs. 500/- per programme + bank charges ( please see Table 2 below).
- A candidate can apply for multiple programmes and pay for each of those programmes in ONE online form. Candidates SHOULD NOT fill more than one online application form. If a candidate is found to have filled more than one online application form, all applications will be cancelled.
The last date to apply is 15 Jan 2023.
The basic structure, Objective, and Contents of TISS-NET 2023 are given below
|Components / Sections||English proficiency||Mathematics and Logical reasoning||General Awareness(GA)|
|Number of Questions||30||30||40|
|Total Marks (100)||30||30||40|
|Sectional Cut-off (SCO)*||Nil||Nil|| 35% (14 Marks) for Gen, EWS, KM, and AF
30% (12 Marks) for OBC (NC) and PWD
No Sectional Cut off for SC/ST
|Preparation Level||Upto Class X||Upto Class X||Linked with Objectives of the Section|
|Objectives||Assess English language comprehension and usage||Assess quantitative skills and logical reasoning||Assess awareness about current affairs, developmental and socio-political issues|
|Broad Coverage (Indicative and not restrictive)||Word choice/sentence correction
Synonyms & Antonyms
Science & Technology
Art & Culture
*Sectional cut-off for General Awareness (GA) is applied for qualifying the TISS-NET. Candidates not scoring the minimum cut-off mark for the General Awareness as above will not be qualified for TISS NET irrespective of the aggregate score
Sectional Cut Off (SCO) applied :
- GN, EWS, KM and AF – 35% i.e. 14 Marks
- PWD and OBC(NC) – 30% i.e. 12 Marks
- SC and ST – No sectional cut off applied