TISS conducts its own online entrance exam called TISS-NET for the admission to its Full-Time (Regular) Post-Graduate Degree Programmes (M.A., M. Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.) offered from Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad campuses and other locations.
TISSNET 2020 will be held on February 20, 2021.
Candidates having a bachelor's degree with minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of 15 years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply
- At the time of applying candidates studying in 3 year degree programme should have passed in all the subjects for the 1st to 4th semesters and candidates studying in 4 year degree programmes should have passed in all the subjects for 1st to 6th semester.
- Only those candidates who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year bachelor's degree examinations by June 15, 2021 are eligible to apply to all the programmes.
Till the time the candidate submits results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional. The results of the final examination have to be submitted before September 30, 2021. Those who fail to do so the provisional admission stands cancelled.
Programme specific eligibility criteria can be checked here.
Admission to masters programmes at TISS comprises two stages, 1. TISS National Entrance Test (TISS-NET) 2. TISS Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT) along with TISS Online Personal Interview (OPI).
Stage 1: TISS-NET (TISS National Entrance Test)
TISS-NET is a computer based common screening test for all Masters Programmes across all the campuses. It is a 100mins test and consists of 100 objective type multiple choice questions (MCQ). TISS-NET is conducted to shortlist candidates for Stage 2 based on the TISS-NET Mark and the ratio on the number of seats announced for individual programmes under each category. Hence it is a shortlisting process no reservation rules are applied at this stage. All rules related to reservations of seats under different categories and priorities will be applied only at the time of final seat allocation through merit list / wait list.
Stage 2 of the selection process is aimed at assessing the interest and suitability of the candidate for the programme selected.
a. Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT)
The TISS PAT is conducted for the candidates shortlisted from Stage 1. PAT is a 45 mins test conducted for individual programmes. The duration of the PAT is 45 minutes if candidates selected only one programme. If candidates selected two programmes the duration of the PAT will be 90 minutes and for three programmes the duration will be 135 minutes. The details of PAT will be announced soon.
Management Aptitude Test (TISS-MAT) (Only for HRM&LR and ODCL)
Candidates applying for two programmes (i) MA Human Resource Management & Labour Relations (HRM &LR) and (ii) MA Organisation Development, Change and Leadership (ODCL) of Mumbai Campus, the Programme Aptitude Test will be known as Management Aptitude Test (TISS-MAT). The TISS MAT will be a computer based MCQ type test with a duration 45 minutes and 50 Marks.
b. Online Personal Interview (OPI):OPI is conducted separately for each programme applied. Schedule of OPI will be announced after the shortlisted candidates are notified. Candidates can attend the Online Personal Interview (OPI) only after attending the TISS-PAT / TISS-MAT as the case may be. Those who do not attend TISS-PAT / TISS-MAT shall not be eligible for attending the OPI and names of such candidates will be eliminated from the OPI list.
Aggregated Final Score
The aggregated Final Score is calculated based on the table given below:
Marks and Weightage for the different components:
|Programmes||Stage I||Stage II||Ratio|
|All Programmes (except HRM & ODCL)||100 Marks(30% Weightage)||NA||50 Marks(40% Weightage)||100 Marks (30% Weightage)||30:40:30|
|Only for HRM & ODCL||100 Marks (30% Weightage)||50 Marks (40%Weightage)||NA||100 Marks (30% Weightage)||30:40:30|
Final Merit List preparation:
- Open (Unreserved) Merit List (OML) is prepared based on the aggregate mark obtained by the candidates for a specific programme without considering any reservation category. This provides opportunity for candidates across all categories to get selected in the OML depending on their aggregate score.
- After considering candidates in OML, a separate Category wise Merit List (CML) will be prepared for the number of seats reserved for each category as per the Government of India / University Grants Commission regulations on the matter. All reservation rules will be applied at the Final merit list/seat allotment stage.
- In case of a tie between two or more candidates with their aggregate final score, the following order will be used to rank the candidates.
Sl.No. The Situation of Tie in Selection will be based on Higher 1 Final Score OPI Mark 2 OPI Mark TISS-PAT / TISS-MAT Mark 3 TISS-PAT / TISS-MAT Mark TISS-NET Mark 4 TISS-NET Date of Birth
- Candidates who got selected in the first preference, their names will not be listed in second and third preference in the merit list.
- Candidates who got selected in the programme of their first preference will not be on wait-lists for any other programme mentioned in their list of preferences.
- Each candidate will be able to view the score card indicating the mark received in each of the components (TISS-NET, TISS-MAT (if applicable), TISS-PAT and OPI) in addition to the aggregate final score.
- Choice or preferences of Programmes indicated in the application form by the candidate at the time of filling the online application form cannot be changed at any point after submission of the application form. Any request for change or modification in this regard shall not be entertained or responded to.
Rules for preparation of the wait-list:
- The Wait List of each programme will be prepared by following the same rules applied for the Merit List.
- Candidates who got selected or moved into their programme of higher preference shall not be considered in the waitlist of their programmes of lower preference.
- If candidates got selected in lower (second or third) preference in the merit list, their name will be shown in the waitlist of higher preference (first or second), if they qualify so with their aggregate score for the programme concerned.
- Once moved to higher preference upon activation of waitlist, the candidate will vacate the seat in the lower preference and no request for maintenance of their seat in the lower preference will be entertained.
|Mode of Payment|
|No. of programmes||Online Payment by Credit Card/Debit Card||Online Payment by NetBanking||Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan|
|General||Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST/OBC(NC) / Not-Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST (only)||General||Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST/OBC(NC)/ Not-Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST (only)||General||Goi-pms Eligible SC/ST/O BC(NC) / Not-Eligible Goi-pms SC/ST (only)|
|Applying for 1 Programme||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260 / 510||Rs. 1030||Rs. 260 / 510||Rs. 1000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 250 + Bank Charges / 500|
|Applying for 2 Programmes||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520 / 1020||Rs. 2060||Rs. 520 / 1020||Rs. 2000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 500 + Bank Charges / 1000|
|Applying for 3 Programmes||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780 / 1530||Rs. 3090||Rs. 780 / 1530||Rs. 3000 + Bank Charges||Rs. 750 + Bank Charges / 1500|
- Announcement of Online Application for Admission -3 December 2020
- Last Date for Online form Registration -15 Jan 2021
- Last Date for receipt of application form by post - 20 Jan 2021
- TISS National Entrance Test (TISS_NET) (Computer Based) at Different Centres - 20 Feb 2021
TISS-NET is a computer-based test with 100 objective type multiple choice questions (MCQ). TISS-NET 2021 will be held on 20th February, 2021, from 2pm to 3.40pm across several centres located in different parts of the country.
Candidates applying for single or multiple programmes need to attend only one test and the TISS-NET Score will be valid for all the programmes applied for.
NO NEGATIVE MARKING applicable for TISS-NET for any programme.
Medium of TISS-NET will be English.
Duration of the test - 2 pm to 3.40 pm(1 hour & 40 minutes)
Basic Structure, Objective and Contents of TISS-NET 2021 are given below
|Components / Sections||English proficiency||Mathematics and Logical reasoning||General Awareness(GA)|
|Number of Questions||30||30||40|
|Total Marks (100)||30||30||40|
|Sectional Cut-off (SCO)*||Nil||Nil|| 35% (14 Marks) for Gen, EWS, KM and AF
30% (12 Marks) for OBC (NC) and PWD
No Sectional Cut off for SC/ST
|Preparation Level||Upto Class X||Upto Class X||Linked with Objectives of the Section|
|Objectives||Assess English language comprehension and usage||Assess quantitative skills and logical reasoning||Assess awareness about current affairs, developmental and socio-political issues|
|Broad Coverage (Indicative and not restrictive)||Word Choice / sentence correction
Synonyms & Antonyms
Science & Technology
Art & Culture
*Sectional cut off for General Awareness (GA) is applied for qualifying the TISS-NET. Candidate not scoring minimum cut-off mark for the General Awareness as above will not be qualified for TISS NET irrespective of the aggregate score
Sectional Cut Off (SCO) applied :
- GN, EWS, KM and AF – 35% i.e. 14 Marks
- PWD and OBC(NC) – 30% i.e. 12 Marks
- SC and ST – No sectional cut off applied
Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT) and Online Personnel Interview (OPI):
Eligibility for Programme Aptitude Test and Online Personal Interview (TISS-PAT/OPI):
Short-listing of candidates for the second stage of selection (TISS-PAT and OPI) will be based on the TISS-NET Mark and the ratio on the number of seats announced for individual programmes. Only short-listed candidates will receive call letters for the second round (TISS-PAT and OPI) to be held in Centres in the month of March/April 2021. The TISS-PAT will be conducted before the Online Personal Interview.
Programme Aptitude Test (TISS-PAT) is programme specific and might have variations across different programmes. TISS-PAT is a 45 mins test conducted for individual programmes. The details of the TISS-PAT format will be updated soon.
Management Aptitude Test (TISS-MAT) will replace TISS-PAT for two programmes (i) MA Human Resource Management & Labour Relations (HRM &LR) and (ii) MA Organisation Development, Change and Leadership (ODCL) of Mumbai Campus. The TISS MAT will be a computer based MCQ type test with a duration 45 minutes and 50 Marks. Negative marking for wrong answers will be applicable for TISS-MAT
Online Personal Interview (OPI):
OPI is conducted separately for each programme applied. Schedule of OPI will be announced after the shortlisted candidates are notified. Candidates can attend the Online Personal Interview (OPI) only after attending the TISS-PAT / TISS-MAT as the case may be.