The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), established in 1979 by the father of white revolution Dr Verghese Kurien, is a pioneering academic institution in rural management education and research.
It is India’s leading school in rural management committed to acting as the catalyst and facilitator of rural prosperity. IRMA educates those inspired to work with organisations serving the rural sector and engaging directly with rural communities.Programmes Offered
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management(PGDRM)
- Fellow Program in Rural Management ( Doctoral Program )
PGDRM - Duration- 2 years
Intake- 240 ( Fifteen percent of the approved intake is allocated for admission to Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non Resident Indian ).
Fees- The total programme cost over the period of two years (inclusive of boarding, lodging, and field expenditure) is estimated to be about Rs 11.5 lakhs/-
A graduate from any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years (10+2+3) of education, having 50 per cent (45 per cent for SC/ST/DAP (Differently Abled Person)) aggregate marks at the graduation level can apply for admission.
IRMA will use CAT 2018 / XAT 2019 scores for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management 2019 - 21 (PGDRM 2019 - 21) .
For Admissions 2019, IRMA will be giving two types of calls to the prospective candidates:
- Profile Based Calls
- Non Profile Based Calls
Candidates who fulfill the following criteria can be shortlisted for profile based calls:
- Graduation in: Development, Agriculture, Dairy, Public policy, Sustainability, Veterinary Sciences, Food Technology.
- Work experience in: Development Sector, Dairy, Public Policy. 3. Excellence: Graduation from Top universities and Colleges.
- Candidates who score above 80 percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 and fall in the Profile based call criteria are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GD/PI process.
- Candidates who score above 85 percentile in CAT 2018/XAT 2019 and fall in the Non-Profile based call criteria are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GD/PI process.
- Both IRMASAT 2019 and GD/PI process will be conducted at IRMA for shortlisted candidates.
- Last date to apply for Indian Nationals- 31 Dec 2018.
- Last date to apply for Foreign Nationals-31 Mar 2019