The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), established in 1979 by the father of white revolution DrVergheseKurien, is a pioneering academic institution in rural management education and research.
It is India’s leading school in rural management committed to acting as the catalyst and facilitator of rural prosperity. IRMA educates those inspired to work with organisations serving the rural sector and engaging directly with rural communities.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management(PGDRM)
- Fellow Program in Rural Management ( Doctoral Program )
PGDRM - Duration- 2 years
Intake- 240 ( Fifteen percent of the approved intake is allocated for admission to Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non Resident Indian ).
A graduate from any discipline, with a minimum of 15 years (10+2+3) of education, having 50 per cent (45 per cent for SC/ST/DAP (Differently Abled Person)) aggregate marks at the graduation level can apply for admission.
Students in final year of their graduation can apply if they expect to complete all the requirements of graduation before July 01, 2020.
IRMA will use CAT 2019 / XAT 2020 scores for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management 2020 - 22 (PGDRM 2020 - 22) .
Out of both scores (CAT/XAT) the higher score will be considered for selection process.
IRMA will be shortlisting and calling applicants in two ways:
- Merit-based Calls: Candidates of General Category, who score above 85 percentile in CAT 2019/XAT 2020 are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GA and PI process.
- Profile-cum-merit based Calls: Candidates of General Category, who score above 80 percentile in CAT 2019/XAT 2020 and fall in the Profile-based call criteria will be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GA and PI process. The key criteria to shortlist candidates based on profile are: (i) Excellence: Graduation from Top universities and Colleges, (ii) Work Experience in Social Impact, Community Development, Livelihoods, Policy and Advocacy, Dairy, Agriculture and Allied sectors; (iii) Graduation in Social sciences, Development studies, Agriculture and Allied sciences.
Cut off for the candidates of reserved categories will be decided separately at appropriate time.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for selection process at IRMA where they will have to take the IRMA Social Awareness Test 2020 (IRMASAT 2020), Group Activity and Personal Interview. IRMASAT 2020, GA and PI process will be conducted at IRMA.
Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non Resident Indian(s) can seek admission on the basis of their GMAT Scores (taken on or after January 2015) / CAT 2019 / XAT 2020 scores for PGDRM 2020 - 22.
Final Selection Criteria
- CAT 2019 / XAT 2020 - 35%
- IRMASAT 2020 - 10%
- Group Activity (GA) - 10%
- Personal Interview (PI) - 20%
- Academic Performance - 5%
- Diversity - 5%
- Profile - 15%
- Total Weightages 100%
Fee Structure of PGDRM 2020-22
For Indian Nationals:
- Tuition Fee :Rs. 10,50,000/- for two years.
- Other Service Charges :Rs. 2,00,000/- for two years.
- Deposite and Other Activities Charges :Rs. 73,000/- for two years.
- For Foreign Nationals (FN) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) / Persons of Indian
- Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC) / Non
- Resident Indian(s) (NRI) Candidates:
- Tuition Fee : US $ 23500 for two years.
- Other Service Charges : US $ 5000 for two years.
- Deposite and Other Activities Charges :Rs. 73,000/- for two years
Application Fees Structure
|General & OBC||Rs.1,500/-|
|FN / OCI / PIO / CIWG / NRI||Rs. 2250/-|
Applicant can apply online and pay through payment gateway.
Admissions Calendar of PGDRM41 (2020-22)
Last date for receipt of completed applications for Indian Nationals Friday, January 10, 2020
Last date for receipt of completed applications for - FN / OCI / PIO / CIWG / NRI Candidates -March 30, 2020
Intimation for IRMASAT 2020, Group Activity and Personal Interview for Indian Nationals -4th week of January 2020 OR1st week of February 2020
IRMASAT 2020, Group Activity and Personal Interviewfor Indian Nationals - February 10 to 29, 2020(except February 16 & 23, 2020)
Announcement of final results for Indian Nationals - 1st or 2nd week of March 2020
Last date for submitting acceptance form with initial fee of Rs. 25000/- Within 1 week after announcement of Finalresult OR as mentioned in offer letter
Last date for depositing the first year fee - Within 15 working days after announcementof Final result OR as mentioned in offer letter
Online Personal Interview for FN / OCI / PIO / CIWG / NRI Candidates - 2nd or 3rd week of April 2020
Announcement of final results for FN / OCI / PIO / CIWG / NRI Candidates - 4th Week of April 2020
Classes on Bridge Courses - June 24 to 30, 2020
Induction Programme- July 01 to 09, 2020
Beginning of First Term - July 10, 2020<